NAFEMS will be running a one-day seminar titled Improving High Performance Computing (HPC) Adoption in Engineering Simulation on Wednesday 10 February 2016, to be held at The Place Aparthotel, Manchester.
Topics to be covered include:
- How to get started with HPC – SHAPE initiative promoting HPC adoption for SMEs
- UK e-Infrastructure and academic/industry collaboration
- Accessibility from Windows platform, Virtual CAE Desktop, Cloud Computing
- Cyber security
- UK strategy for promoting HPC in industry, vision and aspirations, government view
- Benchmarking for performance and realism
- Future prospects for engineering simulation, Exascale and beyond.
09:00 Coffee & Registration
09:45 Chairman’s Welcome & Introduction, Lee Margetts, University of Manchester
KEYNOTE PRESENTATION: Driving Virtual Engineering with High Performance Computing, Andy Searle, Jaguar Land Rover
Vendor talk: Applied Computing
SHAPE : A Tailored Pan European HPC Enabling Programme for Increasing the Competitiveness of European SME, Stephane Requena, GENCI France
Vendor talk- Transtec
UKe-Infrastructure for Enabling Research through the use of HPC, Andrew Richards, Oxford eResearch Centre
Vendor talk – ENGYS
13:00 Lunch Break
14:00 Large Scale Industrial Simulations on 3rd Party HPC Systems, Leigh Lapworth, Rolls Royce Plc.
Vendor talk – Ceetron AS
Promoting HPC for the Benefit of UK Industry with a View from a UK Government e-Infrastructure Leadership Council Member, Andrew Jones, NAG Ltd.
Vendor talk – Siemens
NAFEMS HPC Performance Benchmarks Initiative, Ian Symington, NAFEMS
Data Centric Systems(DCS): Architecture and Solutions for High Performance Computing, Big Data and High Performance Analytics for Engineering Simulations, Chris Thompson, IBM Research UK
16:40 Summary and Closing Remarks
Tickets for the event are priced at £165 for NAFEMS members and £225 for none members. For more details about the event and to register, please visit the event webpage.