Overview of GS2
- This is an application for high frequency tokamak plasma investigations
Running the GS2
- gs2 is available in multiple flavours based on compiler and MPI type.
- To run gs2 the following modules need to be loaded (there may be some simplification in the future):module load bit/64 york intel openmpi fftw/2.1.5 netcdf gs2
- Once modules are loaded gs2 can be run under SGE with mpirun gs2 inputspecfile > outputfile.txt which then creates filesinputspecfile.out.nc andinputspecfile_netCDF.nc
- An example script and data is provided in /apps/york/applications/gs2/examples
- Scaling results are pending checking.
Licensing and Systems that have gs2
- Licensing information pending
- Developed by Peter Buxton et al, York Plasma Institute.
- 2013-01-22 (date of svn checkout)
- York Plasma Institute also supports this code.