Overview of APPLICATION
- A mixed-mode level circuit simulator for use in electronics design work.ngspice.sourceforge.net/presentation.html
- citations: none at present
- To run load the york and ngspice module. This is available in the following flavours:
- 24-noX which is ngspice 2.4 compiled without X11 support. I.e. module load york; module load ngspice/24-noX
- 2012-12-20-noX which is ngspice from the git repository on the specified date. I.e.module load york; module load ngspice/2012-12-20-noX
- For further information see ngspice.sourceforge.net/faq.html
Licensing and Systems that have NGSpice
- Licensing is slightly complex, but open source. See section 1.5 ofhttp://ngspice.sourceforge.net/faq.html
- Versions available
- 24 (2.4 with X support)
- 2012-12-20 (git version with X support)
- Other (tier3) places to run application
- First point of contact should be the York help desk.
- Any notable build details
- All versions built with the Intel compilers.
- The compilers warn of some casts losing precision (e.g. casts between 32 and 16 bit types). This should be addressed by the developers.
- The build scripts assume gcc compilers and so complain about options for function export but still build valid code when using the intel compilers.
- Any notable details in using it with the module environment
- Any notable details in using it e.g. command to launch it as a parallel program, special batch queue details